After all cosmetic tattooing procedures it is important to give your skin time to heal to ensure optimal results.
For three days immediately following the procedure you should NOT:
-engage in intense physical activity that will result in raising your heart rate or that would bring about excessive sweating (ex. Playing sports, working out, swimming, running).
- apply water, shampoo or any kind of lotion or product to the scalp or brows. A disposable shower cap will be provided to you after your treatment to ensure that you do not get water on the scalp or brows while showering.
- shave your head with a razor. If you need to shave your head, be very gentle using an electric shaver. If you happen to see flaking or scabbing of any kind while shaving, stop and wait an additional 24-48 hours to shave the area.
Day 4 after your treatment:
- you may resume light activity, shower the area, an apply moisturizer to the skin.
- You should begin to apply sunscreen to the area daily with a minimum of SPF of 30. Prolonged sun exposure can be damaging to your skin and the cosmetic tattoo treatment. It can fade the pigment and lead to you requiring a touch up. As sunscreen application is part of the required aftercare procedure, if you do require a touch-up due to sun damage, you will be required to pay an additional fee.
- It is recommended to wear a hat if you will be in the sun for prolonged periods of time.
For a period of 14 days after your cosmetic tattoo treatment, you should avoid:
- swimming in a pool, lake or salt water
- going in a sauna or steam room
- using a self tanning lotion or going for a spray tan
- applying hair dye or hair colour